Debt advice and information
If you're having trouble paying your bill, please give us a call on 0800 072 6765.
When you're behind on your bill payments, we know it can be a stressful time so our advice is simple - don't suffer in silence. Give us a call as soon as possible on 0800 072 6765 so we're aware of your circumstances and can give you the right financial support.
Remember these golden rules:
- Don't panic
- Don't ignore the problem
- Don't borrow more money to pay off what you owe, this is unlikely to help
- Make sure you are receiving all of your benefit entitlements
- Contact us and explain any difficulties you might have on free phone 0800 072 6765 or request a call back
- Be very careful of fee-charging debt management companies
- Get some free professional advice on dealing with your debts (see below for full details of organisations who can provide independent support)
We have a range of support schemes if you're struggling to meet your water bill payments - call us as soon as possible on 0800 072 6765 so we can help.
Knock £5 off your water bill
One of the simplest ways to reduce your bill is to set up a Direct Debit - we'll knock £5 off your water bill every year for paying in this way. Customers find that paying their water bill in small, regular instalments can really help with household budgeting.
Consider a water meter
If you live alone or have a small family, or live in a property with a high rateable value, it's worth considering a water meter - you may be surprised how much you could save compared to your existing bill.
FREE independent advice to help tackle your debt
StepChange, PayPlan and National Debtline provide FREE advice to help you tackle all your debt problems, not just water. They have experts on hand via free helplines and have a range of online tools you can use for free to create debt action plans personal to your specific circumstances. Please click on the organisations on the right to visit their websites to read more about how they can help you find your way out of debt.
Email this page