Bursts on your water supply pipe

As a household customer, you are responsible for the maintenance of all the plumbing within your home and also the external pipework which is located within the boundary of your property. We explain more about this in our 'What am I responsible for?' section.

If you're unlucky enough to experience a burst on your water supply pipe (which is the name for the underground pipe which transports water from our main in the street into your home), we may be able to repair the leak without charge under our private leak investigation scheme. Full details about the scheme are explained in our leakage code of practice.

Also, if you have a water meter, you are entitled to claim for the cost of the water lost during the time you had the leak.You can read more about this by downloading our household leak allowance claim form.


Email this page