Recreation permits

For organised events

Currently many organised events occur across our land holdings these include orienteering, fell running, sponsored horse rides, mountain bike racing, mountain rescue, Duke of Edinburgh awards, guided walks, local interest groups, Brownies/Scouts, vintage car rallies, sponsored walks, and dog training amongst others.

We welcome these events and they have been successfully held for many years. These types of events always require the permission of the landowner whether on private or Countryside Rights of Way (CROW) land. The only time they do not need permission is when they are conducted on foot and solely utilise Public Rights of Way and/or CROW open access land. However most require additional land for a start and finish and car parking, extra toilets etc. By working with the event organisers, we can minimise damage e.g. erosion, and avoid sensitive habitats and nest sites.

Email this page